Friday, July 25, 2008

hotter than july mixtape-track 8

Speaking of acid jazz i thought of another gem that was a favourite in my summer mixtapes.United Future Organisation were a band who got associated with the whole acid jazz boom but had little to do with any other band of the genre.Their music was a unique blend of old style jazz(even beepop) with electronic elements and samples through a rather ethnical approach sometimes.Their first album is a collection of great collaborations from Galliano to Monday Michiru and Jon Hendricks.Every track has a story to tell and the vibe is like being in a smoky jazz club around 1958.Anyway enough said.This is ''I 'll bet you thought I'd never find you'' featuring Jon Hendricks on vocals and is a cover of an original by Les Mcccan.

United Future Organization-I'll Bet You Thought I'd Never Find You
http://www.zshare.net/audio/159424

No comments: